Friday’s attacks by Islamist militants in Paris were planned and organised from Syria, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls has said, the BBC reports.
He added that the authorities believed new terror attacks were being planned in France and other European countries.
Mr Valls also said 150 raids on suspected militants had been carried out across France early on Monday.
A total of 129 people died in the attacks on bars and restaurants, a concert hall and the Stade de France.
France is to hold a nationwide minute of silence at midday local time (11:00 GMT) out of respect for the victims.
A huge manhunt is under way for surviving members and accomplices of the Islamist group that carried out the attack.
Police have named Brussels-born Salah Abdeslam, 26, as a key suspect. He was reportedly stopped by officers in the wake of the attacks – but then let go.
Meanwhile, French aircraft have attacked Raqqa, the stronghold in Syria of the Islamic State group, which has said it carried out the attacks.