TopWorld

Israel says it hits 300 targets in Gaza as pause in fighting delayed

Israel says its offensive in Gaza continues, after a four-day pause in fighting was delayed, the BBC reports.

The pause was expected to start on Thursday – an Israeli government source says they believe the deal will go ahead on Friday.

Qatar – which helped broker the deal – says the start time will be announced “within the next few hours.”

In the first phase of the pause, Hamas will release 50 hostages from Gaza, and Israel will free 150 Palestinian detainees.

On Thursday morning, Israel said its aerial strikes hit 300 Hamas targets in the past day, including tunnels and weapons sites.

Meanwhile, UK Foreign Secretary Lord Cameron has arrived in Israel – visiting Kibbutz Be’eri, the sight of a Hamas massacre on 7 October.

Israel began attacking Gaza after the Hamas attacks last month, which killed 1,200 people and saw about 240 taken hostage.

Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry says more than 14,000 people have been killed in Israel’s retaliatory campaign.

Show More
Back to top button