Today the Directors Across Borders (DAB) Project held a press conference in Yerevan to present the mission, achievements and the main upcoming activities of the Project.
Launched in October 2011 with the EU assistance, the DAB project is designed to bring together cinema professionals from the Eastern Partnership countries and unite them into one hub.
The DAB project presented several events that will take place during the upcoming 11th Golden Apricot International Festival.
The 8th Directors Across Borders (DAB) Regional Co-Production Forum will be held on 15-17 July, 2014.The Forum is an annual event aimed at promoting talents and film production/ co-production in the Eastern Partnership countries.
14 projects from the EaP countries out of 25 were selected to compete for three development grants of €5,000 and two grants of €3,500 each.
1. Bravo, Virtuoso, dir.: Levon Minasian, prod.: Ani Vorskanyan, Armenia/France
2. Dear Armen, dir.: Kamee Abrahamian, prod.: Kamee Abrahamian, Canada/ Armenia
3. Jivani-74, dir.: Diana Mkrtchyan, prod.: Aram Khatchatrian, Armenia/Georgia/Russia
4. Kaleidoscope, dir.: Tamta Gabrichidze, prod.: Lasha Khalvashi, Georgia
5. Siren’s Call, dir.: Ramin Matin, prod.: Emine Yildirim, Turkey/Germany
6. Let It Be, dir.: Alisa Pavlovskaya, prod.: Maksym Firsenko, Ukraine
7. Long Gardens, dir.: Nika Shek (Yevgeniya Shekoyan), prod.: Sarik Hovsepyan, Shushan Kocharyan, Eldar Albertson, Armenia/Azerbaijan
8. Neighbors, dir.: Grigol Abashidze, prod.: Joseph “Soso” Bliadze, Georgia
9. One Way Ticket, dir.: Tinatin Kajrishvili, prod.: Lasha Khalvashi, Georgia/France/Germany
10. Shades of Yellow, dir.: David Matevossian, prod.: David Matevossian, Co-producer: Victoria Chembartseva, Moldova/Armenia
11. Smugglers, dir.: Beso Solomanashvili, prod.: Vladimer Katcharava, Georgia
12. Summer Birds, dir.: Vera Yakovenko, prod.: Ludmila Kirilenko, Ukraine
13. Tattoo, dir.: Suzanne Khardalian, Vahan Stepanyan, prod.: PeÅ Holmquist, Armenia/Sweden
14. The Last Inhabitant, dir.: Jivan Avetisyan, prod.: Masis Baghdasaryan, Armenia
This year again the Directors Across Borders (DAB) project will present Films Across Borders film-programme in the framework of the 11th Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival (13-20 July 2014). During the Festival week 17 interesting, topical and recently released films from the Eastern Partnership countries and Turkey will be screened in Moscow and Nairi cinema theatres. The cost of the tickets will be 500 AMD.
The opening of the FAB programme will be held on 14 July 2014 at 15:30 at Moscow Cinema Red Hall. The opening film will be “Brothers. The Final Confession.” Susanna Harutyunyan together with one of the producers of the film Igor Savychenko and Deputy Head of Cooperation section of the EU Delegation to Armenia Jose Medina will present the film to the audience.