In the framework of the Armenian Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe, the EU-CoE youth partnership organised with the Ministry of Youth and Sport of Armenia, the SALTO Resource Centre for Eastern Europe and Caucasus, and the European Youth Forum a Symposium to be held on 13-14 November 2013, in Yerevan, Armenia.
The aim of the symposium is to better understand, demonstrate / exemplify and promote the role of youth work in education for democratic citizenship and participation. The objectives of the event include:
- Initiating dialogue, discussions, debates, exchanges and possible co-operation among all stakeholders;
- Creating opportunities for peer-learning;
- Presenting good practices;
- Learning from research-based evidence and improving policy and practice;
- Come up with conclusions and ideas on how to enhance policy-making and practice in this field.
The symposium will bring together approximately 50-60 key stakeholders of the youth field from different countries of the region (and some experts from other parts of Europe), including in particular national governmental authorities in charge of youth and education, youth workers and youth leaders with interest and experience in the topic, but also representatives of municipalities/districts (depending on structures existing in countries), researchers and other relevant stakeholders, e.g. from formal education and employment sectors, as well as National Agencies and SALTO Resource Centres of the Youth in Action Programme.