Travel2Next.com has listed 20 things to do in Armenia in 2023.
There’s a treasure trove of ancient monasteries, churches and other historical buildings to explore, author Stephen Smith says.
“Also known for its mountains, valleys and forest landscapes, you will find hiking trails and ski slopes here too. Day trips from Yerevan head in all directions, so the capital makes a great base. No matter where you are in Armenia, you will find delicious food, warm people and it’s an affordable travel destination compared to many other places in Europe,” the article reads. .
Here are some of the best things to do in Armenia:
- Discover The Secrets of Khor Virap Monastery
- Visit temples and monasteries
- Discover the beauty of the North West
- Sample Armenian wine
- Explore Echmiadzin
- Discover culture in Gyumri
- Sample local food and drink
- Discover the delights of Yerevan
- Try extreme sports
- Explore Little Switzerland in Dilidjan
- Hike up Gutanasar Mountain
- See Amberd Fortress
- Go skiing
- Go horseriding in Lori
- Ride a horse up Mount Armaghan
- Enjoy the local cuisine
- Explore Shikahogh State Reserve
- See Vanadzor, Armenia’s third city
- Visit Karahunj Observatory
- Head to Dvin