The cross was reinstalled on the dome of the Armenian St. Gevorg Church in the Syrian village of Ghanimeh, Kantsasar reports.
The church was built by local Armenians in 1875. Old-timers say however, that 1875 was the year the church was renovated, while it had been standing for 300 years.
The village was occupied by terrorist groups during the first years of the Syrian crisis, resulting in evacuation of the population and desecration of the church.
The settlement was liberated by the Syrian Army on June 22, 2016.