Greco-Roman wrestler Artur Aleksanyan has been named Armenia’s athlete of the year for the third time in a row. Aleksanyan won the Olympic gold in Rio de Janeiro this summer.
The top 10 athletes of 2016 have been chosen as a result of survey among 35 sports journalists conducted by the Republican Federation of Sports Journalists of Armenia.
- Artur Alexanyan, Greco-Roman wrestling
- Mihran Harutyunyan, Greco-Roman wrestling
- Simon Martirosyan, weightlifting
- Gor Minasyan, weightlifting
- Nazik Avdalyan, weightlifting
- Harutyun Merdinyan, gymnastics
- Andranik Karapetyan, weightlifting
- Hripsime Khurshudyan, weightlifting
- Varsham Beranyan, Greco-Roman wrestling
- Artur Davtyan, gymnastics