Mkhitaryan voted as one of three best Bundesliga players
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Dortmund has been voted player of the season by the players union of Germany’s top flight league, beating former Dortmund player Robert Lewandowski to second place.
With 19.7 percent of votes, the Gabonese international beat the Bayern Munich and Bundesliga’s top scorer Robert Lewandowski by 0.2% (19.5 percent). Third place went to Aubameyang’s teammate and BVB playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan who managed 12.6 percent of the votes.
In the award category of Best Newcomers into the league ‘‘Silver Arrow Award’‘, another Dortmund player, the 20-year-old Julian Weigl topped with 30.6 percent as against Schalke’s Leroy Sane who came in at a distant second with 15.5 percent and Mönchengladbach Mahmoud Dahoud with 13.9 percent came in third.
The vote for best manager of the just ended season known as the “Silver dugout” was also won bu Aubameyang’s coach Thomas Tuchel with 27.3 percent, a clear lead over Darmstadt Dirk Schuster (15.7 percent) and Berlin’s Pal Dardai (14.8 percent).
The Bundesliga team for the season was also dominated by league champions Bayern Munich players who took 9 slots leaving the remaining two for Dortmund duo of Aubamayang and Mkhitaryan
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich)
- Mats Hummels (Bayern Munich)
- Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich)
- David Alaba (Bayern Munich)
- Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich)
- Thomas Müller (Bayern Munich)
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Dortmund)
- Douglas Costa (Bayern Munich)
- Arturo Vidal (Bayern Munich)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Dortmund)